14 October 2010

My Malaysia


It was the day when I am waiting for Abah to take me home from school. And it was a 'wetness'day. I had always remember Abah will have meeting at his school every Wednesday --he was a teacher at a primary school and currently working at State Education Department. So, he will always late to pick me on Wednesday.

As always, I waited Abah at a bus stop in front of my school. Everything was just fine until the wind started blowing very hard. Really strong wind, I say! I remember a boy stretched his hand and his body attached to the wire fence unmovable because of the strong wind. 

Illustration for better understanding

Then, it started to rain heavily. Many students have been picked up by their parents or some school buses and vans. One by one friends left me and waved goodbye. 'Where is Abah? Abah never being this late before..'

I stand up to make a call because there are public phones just beside the bus stop. I put my left hand inside my baju kurung pocket and realize I did not have any coins left! I sat down and just hoped for abah to come a.s.a.p.

Later, there was no more students except me at the bus stop. I remember there were a Malay man, a Malay lady and an Indian lady. I know they were looking at me because it is weird for a student with school uniform still hanging around at the bus stop at that time.

From the three person, guess who helped me out?

Yes, it was the Indian lady. 

Indian lady : Why are you still here? Are you waiting for your father?
Me            : (Nodded)
Indian lady : But it is very late now. Have you call your home?
Me            : I did not have coins.
Indian lady : Oh, you can use my handset. What is the number?
Me            : xx-5736092

After the conversation with Ummi on the phone, Ummi has decided to pick me. Later, Ummi came with Along walking with an umbrella. 

Me            : Thank you. (Waving at the Indian lady)
Indian lady : (Waving back and smile)

The end. 

*****
Although 10 years have passed, I still remember her. She is a very kind person who did not mind helping other races. That is one of many reason why I am proud of my Malaysia. I am excited to write this story because I have long been intending to do so. If she was not there at that time, I might wait longer at the bus stop until Abah finishes his very long meeting. Thank you, lady!

Sengih Cik D : Agaknya lady tu dah beranak berape sekarang kan.. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...